CGC Cards Registry
What is the CGC Cards Registry?
The CGC Cards Registry is a free online platform where collectors can register and display their cards certified by CGC Cards. The CGC Cards Registry helps you to organize your collection and interact with other collectors.
What is a certification number?
What are competitive sets?
What cards are eligible for the CGC Cards Registry?
As of September 2023, the CGC Cards Registry has been updated to include the following TCGs and non-sports cards:
- Magic: The Gathering
- Marvel Trading Cards
- Weiss Schwarz
How are CGC Cards Registry scores calculated?
What does a CGC Cards Registry score mean in a competitive set?
Competitive set scores allow sets to be compared within the same category or in the CGC Cards Registry overall. A CGC Cards Registry score is not intended to be used as a basis for determining market value, and CGC Cards Registry scores may be changed from time to time.
What happens when there is a tie in competitive sets?
Competitive sets are first ranked according to the set’s score. If two or more sets have the same score, competitive sets will break the tie by ranking the sets based on the percentage of cards with images.
To summarize, ranking is achieved by considering the following in order: (1) Set score; (2) Percentage of cards with images.
If all the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve will appear higher), but they will have the same rank numbers beside their set.
What is "Autobuild Set" and how does it work?
Autobuild Set makes it easier than ever to build the best set, improve your ranking and compete for CGC Cards Registry awards. If you're new to the CGC Cards Registry, it's the fastest way to get the cards you've added into a set. If you already have a CGC Cards Registry set, Autobuild Set helps to make sure it’s receiving as many points as possible.
How it works
- Create a set, or go to an existing set, and click the orange “Autobuild Set” button.
- Each slot is filled with your highest-scoring available card for that slot.
- Lower-scoring cards are removed from each slot, if applicable. Removed cards can still be found in your card inventory when Autobuild Set is complete.
Note: If no opportunities to improve your set score are found, the set will not be updated.
- Cards can only compete once per set type. If a card is already saved in a different set of the same set type, Autobuild Set will ignore it.
- Certain set types may have multiple slots that can accept the same card. In this case, Autobuild Set will add the card to the first slot where it will receive the highest score, but only if adding the card will increase the total set score.
- In rare cases, Autobuild Set may not be able to add a card that belongs in the set due to an error. If you believe your card should have been added, please contact the CGC Cards Registry at [email protected] or (+44) (0) 20 3968 3848
How long will it take for my card to appear in my set?
Can ungraded cards or cards from other services be added to the CGC Cards Registry?
Where do I request new CGC Cards Registry competitive sets?
All NEW set requests need to be made from the CGC Cards Registry. Follow the directions below to request a new set. Please be sure that you logged in to the CGC Cards website (CGCcards.uk) and select CGC Cards Registry.
- Select the card category and then the type of set.
- Click on Request a new set type here.
- Enter the Set Type and any relevant certification numbers.
The CGC Cards Registry administrators will receive an automated message to review your request.
Where do I request a new slot in an existing CGC Cards Registry set?
All NEW slot requests will need to be made from the CGC Cards Registry. Follow the directions below to request a new slot. Please be sure you are logged in to the CGC Cards website (CGCcards.uk) and select CGC Trading Cards Registry.
- If you have not created a set, please create a set for the slot you would like to request. (Do not use the + at the top of the page.)
- Click on Request a new slot.
- Enter the slot name/label description and certification number and submit.
The CGC Cards Registry administrators will receive an automated message to review your slot request.
Still not finding an answer? Contact CGC Customer Service at (+44) (0) 20 3968 3848 or [email protected].