CGC Trading Cards Help Center
CGC Trading Cards Registry
What is the CGC Trading Cards Registry?
The CGC Trading Cards Registry is a free online platform where collectors can register and display their cards certified by CGC Trading cards. The CGC Trading Cards Registry helps you to organize your collection and interact with other collectors.
What is a certification number?
The CGC certification number is found on the back of label above the barcode on your card certified by CGC Trading Cards.
What are competitive sets?
Competitive sets are created based on collectors’ interests and collecting goals. Registry sets have defined slots that provide an online display case for your trading cards. Each card is assigned a score based on the grade of the card, which is calculated from an algorithm created by CGC Trading Cards.
Competitive sets are a great way to compare your sets to others and view other collectors’ interests, which may inspire your collecting goals and create new interests.
What trading cards are eligible for the CGC Trading Cards Registry?
At launch Pokémon and Magic: The Gathering Cards certified by CGC Trading Cards are eligible for the CGC Trading Cards Registry. We will be adding more games in the future.
How are CGC Trading Cards Registry scores calculated?
The CGC Trading Cards Registry assigns a score to each card based on the certified grade and an algorithm created by CGC Trading Cards.
What does a CGC Trading Cards Registry score mean in a competitive set?
Competitive set scores allow sets to be compared within the same category or in the CGC Trading Cards Registry overall. A CGC Trading Cards Registry score is not intended to be used as a basis for determining market value, and CGC Trading Cards Registry scores may be changed from time to time.
What happens when there is a tie in competitive sets?
Competitive sets are first ranked according to the set’s score. If two or more sets have the same score, competitive sets will break the tie by ranking the sets based on the percentage of cards with images.
To summarize, ranking is achieved by considering the following in order: (1) Set score; (2) Percentage of cards with images.
If all the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve will appear higher), but they will have the same rank numbers beside their set.
What is "Autobuild Set" and how does it work?
Autobuild Set makes it easier than ever to build the best set, improve your ranking and compete for CGC Trading Cards Registry awards. If you're new to the CGC Trading Cards Registry, it's the fastest way to get the cards you've added into a set. If you already have a CGC Trading Cards Registry set, Autobuild Set helps to make sure it’s receiving as many points as possible.
How it works
- Create a set, or go to an existing set, and click the orange “Autobuild Set” button.
- Each slot is filled with your highest-scoring available card for that slot.
- Lower-scoring cards are removed from each slot, if applicable. Removed cards can still be found in your card inventory when Autobuild Set is complete.
Note: If no opportunities to improve your set score are found, the set will not be updated.
- Cards can only compete once per set type. If a card is already saved in a different set of the same set type, Autobuild Set will ignore it.
- Certain set types may have multiple slots that can accept the same card. In this case, Autobuild Set will add the card to the first slot where it will receive the highest score, but only if adding the card will increase the total set score.
- In rare cases, Autobuild Set may not be able to add a card that belongs in the set due to an error. If you believe your card should have been added, please contact the CGC Trading Cards Registry at [email protected] or +1 877-662-6642.
How long will it take for my card to appear in my set?
CGC Trading Cards certification numbers will appear automatically and immediately once you add them to your set except for rare cases where an error occurs. If there is an error, the system will send an error message to an administrator, who will research and resolve the error.
Can ungraded cards or cards from other services be added to the CGC Trading Cards Registry?
The CGC Trading Cards Registry accepts only CGC Trading Cards-certified cards with a grade for competitive sets. Ungraded cards, cards rejected for grading or certified by other third-party grading services are not eligible for the CGC Trading Cards Registry.
Where do I request new CGC Trading Cards Registry competitive sets?
All NEW set requests need to be made from the CGC Trading Cards Registry. Follow the directions below to request a new set. Please be sure that you logged in to the CGC Trading Cards website (CGCcards.uk) and select CGC Trading Cards Registry.
- Select the TCG category and then the type of set.
- Click on Request a new set type here.
- Enter the Set Type and any relevant certification numbers.
The CGC Trading Cards Registry administrators will receive an automated message to review your request.
Where do I request a new slot in an existing CGC Trading Cards Registry set?
All NEW slot requests will need to be made from the CGC Trading Cards Registry. Follow the directions below to request a new slot. Please be sure you are logged in to the CGC Trading Cards website (CGCcards.uk) and select CGC Trading Cards Registry.
- If you have not created a set, please create a set for the slot you would like to request. (Do not use the + at the top of the page.)
- Click on Request a new slot.
- Enter the slot name/label description and certification number and submit.
The CGC Trading Cards Registry administrators will receive an automated message to review your slot request.
Still not finding an answer? Contact CGC Customer Service at (+44) (0) 20 3968 3848 or [email protected].
Add CGC Card
Create a Set
Join CGC for free to add cards, track your collection and participate in the CGC Registry. Learn more >